Wednesday, October 6, 2010

NO H8!

There's a lot of hate lately. From bullying to the Republicans vs Democrats, to Don't Ask Don't Tell, hate has enveloped and surrounded our lives.  Our society thrives on it, have you noticed that?

A lot of celebrities have gone to YouTube to talk about the recent suicides of gay students, and Sarah Silverman is one of them. Watch below:


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WM6xbW1DZyM&feature=channel

Sarah's got a point, you know. What are we teaching our kids? We're teaching them that it's not okay to be gay, even though, if you're not gay, who are you to judge what's "natural" and not?

My dad asked me once, after asking him if being gay was a sin: "do you like boys?" I replied yes. "How do you know that you like boys?" I replied that I had always felt that way, since I was little. He asked if I didn't choose to be straight, how could someone choose to be gay? I'll always remember that.

Hate's all around us, but we don't have to succumb to it. Choose to LOVE instead of HATE. Choose to  be above it all, to accept the unacceptable, forgive the unforgivable. Your life will be so much more fulfilling if you just let go of all of that negativity.

No comments:

Post a Comment