Monday, March 5, 2012

Smart, Energetic, Innovative, and Self-Starting Lady looking for work!!

Hey blog readers! I'm averaging about 100 hits per blog post, and since I have nearly 600 Facebook friends, I thought that maybe I'd send out some feelers and network to help me find gainful employment. I generally stick to nonprofits, but I am willing to venture into new territory now.

I am an experienced event planner, planning many events with various budgets and populations;
I have done all sorts of community outreach programs, including fairs, home shows, and one-on-one recruitment.
I have designed and implemented new programs to reach underserved populations.
I have designed outreach materials and I wrote and recorded 10+ commercials for my last agency
I am skilled in live radio; I did 24 live, on-air interviews. 

SKILLS:
Ability to prioritize and multitask projects to meet deadlines  ·      Experience working in high stress situations and environments ·     Goal-driven leader that works well with little supervision  ·        Proficient in presentational speaking, Microsoft Office, and various social media outlets ·    Creative problem-solver who can apply efficient solutions and resolve complaints



Tell me about yourself.
I have worked full time since I was 17 and have always been a hard worker. I'm the kind of person that puts my entire heart into whatever industry I'm in and I am a sponge that soaks up information and lives and breathes my career.

What are your strengths and weaknesses?
Strengths- I can develop quick rapport with strangers and I have a naturally friendly personality. I am organized and big-picture oriented (meaning I probably wouldn't be great at a teller job that I'd have to balance to the penny), but I have planned many events for 100+ people and can problem-solve and think on my feet, finding solutions by thinking out of the box. I am also not a procrastinator, and I'd rather finish reports accurately and quickly than rushing to finish them right before a board meeting.

Weaknesses- I tend to take on too many projects at once! My mind is always working on new and improved strategies, programs and ideas that I sometimes have to scale back by making a priority to-do list.

What was the last project you headed up, and what was its outcome? In December 2011, I was planning an agency's holiday party. What was usually an event with 75 people blossomed into about 200 people. I was so excited everyone wanted to come to the party, but I knew it was going to be crazy. So I thought about what could make it go smoother. First, I called in reinforcements. I brought in volunteers from the local high school to serve food and assist with the event. Then, I called my caterer. I ordered food for 50 more people than I expected, in case I had some extra hungry guests or things went quicker than usual.

Then I looked at my event space. We'd easily accomodated 75 people before, so I came up with plans to move activities to different areas to allow for more tables. I moved our Photo Station with Santa to the back of the room with not much activity. This cut down on congestion and helped everything run smoother.

Overall, we served 175 people that day and it was amazing- I had truly planned for everything. It was my proudest moment!

If I were your supervisor and asked you to do something that you disagreed with, what would you do?
I strive to have a good relationship with my supervisors, and if my supervisor and I disagreed about something, I would tell her/him that I respectfully disagreed, and explain why. I feel that emotions have no place in the workplace and that we should all be focused on doing the best for the agency. I'd explain logical points for my decisions, and how I came to those results. If she/he still disagreed, i would respect her/his decision as my supervisor.


I live in Warrensburg, Missouri, which is an hour away from Kansas City, Missouri. I am willing to explore job options in suburbs of Kansas City, including Lee's Summit, Blue Springs, Kingsville, etc, as well as Sedalia and Clinton, Missouri.

If the right opportunity presents itself, I would be willing to commute to Kansas City, Missouri.

As friends and loyal readers of my blog, please keep your eyes and ears out for me!
Simply contact me with application information and I will take it from there.

Thank you all for your continued love and support!

No comments:

Post a Comment