Thursday, March 22, 2012

New Life & Facebook Fast

I really love this quote! Lately I've been so bogged down by the people that have betrayed me.
This has come to be such a horrible shock to me because as naive as it sounds, I haven't been treated like this before. I've had friendships that have ended but not under
circumstances like these, but I've never lost a job.
And even though I've been treated in some pretty horrible ways, what hurts is the relationships I've lost- it makes me very sick to my stomach.

But when I saw this quote I realized that these things are going to happen in my life, even though it's taken me 25 years to feel this betrayal for the first time, it won't be the last.
So I've decided not to dwell, not to hate, not to think about these people or these wrongs. What I'd rather focus on is my life, how I'm improving it, and what things I will do to make myself a better person.

Further.....
We went to St. Louis this week for a mini spring break getaway, and I deactivated my Facebook account while we were there. I've done this before and felt such a panic, anxiety from deleting it- as if I couldn't handle not being informed of everything going on in everyone's life. 

But this time, it was different. I had been dealing with such anxiety and drama lately in my own life, that I just needed a break. And once I deactivated it, I just had such a wonderful peace. And once I logged in again- I realized there just wasn't much I was missing.

So here I am, and I don't know if it's going to last, but I want to make an honest effort to change my life and steer myself in a better direction- and the first part of that is spending a whole lot less time on Facebook. But I will continue blogging, about positive topics, so I suggest that you follow me here, or you can email me at laylanhecker@gmail.com.

I love you all, and I think this is a really good step to making my life whole again.

(Blog post about St. Louis coming soon!)

No comments:

Post a Comment