Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Go Dog Go

Go Dog Go is the very first book I ever read. Agreed, I probably memorized it from my dad reading it to me so many times, but still, it was my favorite. If you've never read it, you should- it's beginner's reading book and it's fantastic. It's basically about dogs in cars. And at the end they go to a party. One of my earliest memories is crawling onto my dad's lap and reading this together. To this day, it's still his favorite story to tell about my childhood.

With Father's Day coming up, I felt that I should dedicate a blog to my dad, and all dads/daddies/papas/pops out there! I am my dad's only biological child, and I got a lot of attention. I had one of those hands-on dads- he was never too busy to play, teach me how to ride my bike, read to me, or prune me to be a CMSU graduate. We baked cakes together one night a week, which would feed the family during snacks for the rest of the week.

My dad was at every school function, even when I was in 5th grade and got the "lead role" in a silly skit about the sun and the moon, and no other parents came, but both of my parents and grandparents were there! He even almost got fired when he told his boss that he'd be taking the morning off to take me to my first day of kindergarten. We played a duet together at my piano recital. We watched South Park in its very early days (much to my mother's dismay). When he bought a racecar (I'm still convinced that was a midlife crisis) I sat in the stands and cheered for him every week.

My dad's my best friend- he gets me like no one really does. I'm proud to be his daughter, and I'm proud to have a dad like him- because he's the "cool dad". Everyone who meets him tells me how awesome he is. What I really like is the way he can meet and talk to anyone and instantly that person likes him. He calls it his "salesman ability". I see a lot of my dad in Adam, even though at the beginning I didn't see it. All the things I love about my dad- I love about Adam, too.

Happy Father's Day, Daddy.

Love, Gully

No comments:

Post a Comment