Sunday, November 14, 2010

Dog Biscuits!


Usually, we get dog biscuits from Petco and pay $3.99 a pound. Our dogs love them, so I figure it's worth it once in awhile. However, I noticed that our dog biscuits were getting low and we hadn't been to Petco in awhile, so I decided to bake my own! Do you know how incredibly EASY it is to bake dog biscuits?!!! I googled "dog biscuit recipes" and it came up with one that I used. In the next few weeks I'm going to bake some different types, but here's the Peanut Butter Dog Biscuit Recipe!

2 cups whole-wheat flour
1 tbsp. baking powder
1 cup peanut butter (chunky or smooth)
1 cup milk

Preheat oven to 375'F. In a bowl, combine flour and baking powder. In another bowl, mix peanut butter and milk, then add to dry ingredients and mix well. Place dough on a lightly floured surface and knead. Roll dough to 1/4 inch thickness and use a cookie cutter to cut out shapes. Bake for 20 minutes on a greased baking sheet until lightly brown. Cool on a rack, then store in an airtight container. --- This is the original recipe, but I have found the cookies burn easily.

Courtesy of Bullwrinkle

I baked mine at 370 for about 10 minutes instead of 375 for 20. They didn't burn, and they are incredbly soft still a few hours later. My dogs literally salivated over them!

No comments:

Post a Comment